Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Dream Knight

18th January 2009

Dear Reader,

‘Just as the rain falls on the moral and immoral, pain follows both the weak and the strong’.

His long dark hair slithered over those brown evil laden eyes like contorting, interwoven snakes. With one hand raised above his head and his feet gradually being immersed in an ever expanding pool of tears from his prey, he dropped his arm like a bolt of lightning on the predetermined victim. The night was never my friend as you saw in the last post, but there was always a shimmer of light in the dark. While neck deep in a mere of revulsion I was able to retreat to the pinnacle of safety in my dreams. While terror after terror befell my limp, emotionless body, my mind was always far away.

I am now 30 years old, my hands have intervened in so many tragedies that I’ve lost count, and yet I find myself crying into my pillow as I see my father’s face in the haze just before the sandman takes control of my consciousness. My mother is a kind woman, what circumstances had surrounded her marriage to such a monster has always eluded me. We never talked about the nightmares that lurked during the night and I always felt the air of shame that surrounded her as she looked at my broken body on such occasions. I love my mother. I will protect her.

My dad was a monstrosity of a human being, his dark tanned skin had given the illusion that he had been dredged up from the pits of hell itself. His work in the machine sheds at the railway had given him an 8 hour workout everyday and this was manifested by his muscle indulgent arms and tightly squared cut pectorals. It may all sound romantic to the closet fanatics, but the raw power that ripped through every fibre became evident across every inch of my body. Even though I don’t see my father anymore, I’m left pondering the reality that I never really had one to begin with. That day, that Monday afternoon when the door slammed barely inches away from face and I was left watching his back from the window that overlooked the front driveway. I was given a choice; I now had a destiny, a vengeance that could only be subdued by blood. I love my mother. I will protect her.


No comments:

Post a Comment